[kj] [OT] Don't stay overnight in a US hospital!

T.B. Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Tue Jul 3 18:59:47 EDT 2007

"B. Oliver Sheppard" wrote:

> http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_135204209.html

Right. No one's died in an ER due to neglect in the UK. Or Canada or
anywhere else in the world.

MLK aka King Drew hospital has long been notorious for being among the very
worst, most badly managed hospitals in California. The only thing that has
kept it from being closed down years ago is Los Angeles is badly short of
ERs in the area forcing LA county to prompt Medicare to over management of
the hospital, something it has proven just as inept as their predecessors.

It should be mentioned that here in Southern California, we have a huge
illegal immigration problem from people streaming over the Mexican border
who come here looking for a better life but unfortunately because many don't
have insurance or pay taxes, they wind up overtaxing the local healthcare
system.

You can be sure there's more to this story than simply someone dropping dead
in the ER or being kicked out and left to die outside the hospital. I can
also say firsthand this hospital is in the bottom 5% and most ERs in
California and the US at large have decent to outstanding medical care.

T.B.