[kj] Transmission redux

TB Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Mon Jan 29 12:06:17 EST 2007

Picked up the cd last week on one of my trips to Amoeba Records and have
been listening to it in the car off and on the last few days. My take on it
is that it's a lot like something Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois would do, or
even in some parts like the Eno-produced "Passengers" album with U2 (with a
better drummer). For the kind of music it represents, I like it. For the
most part, it's not "rawk n' roll" but it does have it's place in my cd
player, mostly as background music when I'm working or painting.

Of all the Killing Joke offshoots though, Damage Manual is still my favorite
stuff.

T.B.