[kj] Guilty Pleasures

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Sat Jan 13 07:52:13 EST 2007

TB wrote

>Big Country used to be one of my favorite bands. I was lucky enough to see

>them live several times during tours for their first three albums which was

>when they were arguably at their peak.

Yeah, same here... they were great in their day, though can't really listen
to much of it now... seems to stuck in it's time to these ears. Their gigs
were amazing though, they could get the whole place moving with ease. Musta
been the "bagpipe guitars" ;-) Saw their Hogmanay gig in Edinburgh in
'84... got the bottle of champagne Adamson passed to the crowd... and it
was full of bits of cork! Even my dad said he'd like to go and see them
after seeing that gig on TV... I dunno if that's good or bad!

Dave in Edinburghhhhhhh