[kj] FW: Now Here's a Reunion Tour!

TB Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Sat Feb 24 13:26:59 EST 2007

"melinda grant" wrote:

> t.b you lucky being you ;-) i love iggy and the stooges stuff ,"lust for

> life "as my top track!

> last time i saw iggy play live,was at that sex pistols reunion gig in

> findsbury park during the summer of 95 or was that 96? cannot remember as

> so

> long ago, iggy supported the pistols ----as i was on guest list,i did not

> have an ordinary ticket like the rest of the plebs standing out in the

> field,like cattle..lol.. ;-D)))))),but some kind of purple wrist band

> thingy instead,that gave me and any one else exclusive access to all the

> guest areas ect(seeing liam galliger in there--oasis,gave me the

> opportunity-- to tell him

> to piss off and how crap his music is ;-D another high light of my

> day--then

> i went and spoke with patsy kensit,his wife at the time,plus iggy,pistols

> ect just ignored galliger--he is a real tosser!!!))

> saying "sex pistols/iggy--guest" thats what the purple wrist band

> said........

> that was one of the best out door all dayers i have ever been to,i mean

> iggy

> followed by the pistols

> what more can you want.....well k.j should of been on the line up!!!!

I've seen Iggy and his solo band(s) a few times over the years. My first and
favorite show was back around 1987 or '88 when he had Andy Mc Coy from Hanoi
Rocks on guitar and the show was at the Hollywood Palladium and he was
plugging the "Instinct" album. They had Social Distortion opening and it was
just a kick ass show.

The last time I saw him was around '95 or '96 at the even smaller Palace
also in Hollywood and while it was a strong show, I didn't really care for
his band.

I'm pretty jazzed about this show in April, I just got a ticket this
morning. However, I'm starting to hear some grumbling from people who've
already heard the new album saying it's pretty much just like Iggy's last
solo album and doesn't really have that raw "Stooges" sound and feel. We'll
see......

I'm hoping The Jesus and Mary Chain play some shows aside from the big dusty
desert Choachella gig. I wouldn't mind seeing them again although I hear
they're not using a live drummer but a drum machine!

T.B.