[kj] PHANTASMAGORIA/Good Time Boys...

Devacor at aol.com Devacor at aol.com
Fri Feb 23 12:28:41 EST 2007

In a message dated 2/23/2007 11:37:59 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
vassifer at earthlink.net writes:

band so much as they ignited the NYC scene (I doubt the bands that follwed
them would've sounded like they did if not for the Bad Brains). They again,
they also inspired Token Entry to go "funky," which was a Grand Canyon-sized
misstep.

(not that this point matters too much anyways but) in the late 80's I was
friends w a few of the guys in token entry- sadly enough when red hot chili
peppers "mothers milk" came out they were listening to it quite a bit- the bass
player at the time would sit around and try to learn the funk bass lines-
seemed that spurned their "funky" cross over which was awful-
I caught the last bad brains show at cbgb's at one of those last shows. I
havent seen them in some time- HR is half out of his mind...

Adam Helfer
President
Omkara World
_www.Omkara-World.com_ (http://www.omkara-world.com/)