[kj] 1000 SUNS Outside Gate and PHANTASMAGORIA

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Fri Feb 23 07:45:53 EST 2007

It's not a popular view, but I still say a lot of the songs on Cut The Crap
are pretty good... live tapes from around that time show what they were
meant to sound like. The LP versions are shockingly bad though! They put
the likes of Overpowered By Funk in the shade though, that's for sure.

As much as anything else, it's the horrible production of the mid-80's that
makes me feel slightly sick these days. Very much in keeping with the times
though.

Good to see the Ramones were going in the opposite direction to everyone
else though! (or was Too Tough To Die 1984? I bought it in '85, I know that
much!).

I think I'll go and a have a wee listen to Ice Queen now!

Dave