[kj] 1000 SUNS Outside Gate and PHANTASMAGORIA

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 23 07:22:17 EST 2007

Consider that at around the same time (1985) the Damned released
PHANTASMAGORIA....

...The Stranglers released AURAL SCULPTURE
... The Clash released the entirely abortive CUT THE CRAP (which has
since been erased from history).
.... Public Image Ltd. released ALBUM (perhaps the most respectable
of the class of `77's efforts that year).

Around the same time, The Cult had just released LOVE, Killing Joke
had recently released NIGHTTIME, the Sisters of Mercy had released
FIRST AND LAST, but were swiftly falling apart and the Jesus & Mary
Chain had just released PSYCHOCANDY.

Not a bad year for `choons, I'd say.

Alex in NYC...who thinks "Ice Queen" on AURAL SCULPTURE is one of the
best things the Stranglers ever came up with.