[kj] 1000 SUNS Outside Gate and PHANTASMAGORIA

TB Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Thu Feb 22 23:29:24 EST 2007

"ade" wrote:

> That must've been a top gig. Those were the days...

U2, along with Van Halen (don't get me started on that whole fuckup) were
bands that I was lucky enough to get into from day one and see all the way
through their careers to the present day. My first U2 show was at the
Country Club in Reseda, CA during the "Boy" tour and I've never missed one
of their shows in Southern California ever since.

It actually was one of the worst shows of the first leg of the tour based on
bootlegs I've seen and heard as well as the second, much better show I saw a
week later in LA. The band was very shakey on a lot of the new songs and I
distinctly remember The Edge playing most of "Even Better Than The Real
Thing" in the wrong key. Still, it was a huge leap for the band when
compared to their previous albums and tours.

T.B.