[kj] OT: in Defense of PHANTASMAGORIA by the Damned

CEPLASTER at aol.com CEPLASTER at aol.com
Wed Feb 21 13:16:16 EST 2007

I have to concur,

I always thought that Phantasmagoria was a perfect example of what a
guilty pleasure was supposed to be. That record is piled high with cheese,
no doubt, but it has always been a good listen for me. About as far
removed from the punk rock beginnings as one could get, but totally cool in it's
own right.
One final note, one of their last singles was that "Alone again
or" cover that they put out, and I remember that sounding pretty great over
the radio also. I saw the band on the Warped tour about 3 or 4 years back,
and was impressed with how solid they sounded. I remember seeing Vanian
backstage and initially thought it was some younger kid trying to look like him,
only because he actually looked a bit younger than I was expecting. What's
his deal, did he avoid a lot of the excesses when he was younger or does
is he just bulletproof? - Carl P.
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp. Most comprehensive set of free
safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the
web, free AOL Mail and much more.