[kj] Clip of US punk documentary/riots

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Tue Feb 20 16:09:21 EST 2007

There were only 25 people? There was about that many at the Glasgow gig...
I was hoping that might be a glitch though. Seems not!

Ah, Not Of This Earth! One to conjure up a "variety of opinions" shall we
say?!! I like it meself, and it was a breath of fresh air to see the Damned
do new stuff after all the "reunion/farewell/farewell
again/sporadic-gigs-playing-old-stuff" era! Though I can well understand
the "who the fuck are they?" reaction to the new members! I suppose the
idea was to take them back a stripped-down sort sound... MC5/Who sorta
thing...
It's funny, the Damned gig that left me heartbroken and thinking "shitter
than shit" was the next line-up when Sensible was back and Patricia
Morrison was on bass. I mean, fucks sake, when MAX SPLODGE coming on and
doing backing vocals is a highlight (amusement value!) you really know a
gig is bad!!

Dave