[kj] Clip of US punk documentary/riots

Rob's Arse joker at Z6.com
Tue Feb 20 12:03:27 EST 2007

Grave disorder really was a return to form but Not of this Earth was terrible!

I remember seeing them at the time with Scabies on drums, Vanian on Vocals, Moose from NMA on bass with Kris Dollimore (Mr Session guitar) and Vanian's Grandad (wearing a LEATHER WASTECOAT).
I left that gig totally heartbroken. They were shitter than shit.

As an aside, we played wit teh Brian James Gang the other week and I have to say that Brian James is a lovely bloke. Shame there were only 25 people at the gig!

www.iamscuzzy.com www.myspace.com/scuzzywear

--- gingoblin at easynet.co.uk wrote:

From: gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
To: "A list about all things Killing Joke \(the band!\)" <gathering at misera.net>
Subject: Re: [kj] Clip of US punk documentary/riots
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 15:55:42 +0000

One of the best things about the Damned is that they kept changing, even if
it didn't always work. Most times it did though!
Yeah, Strawberries is undoubtedly the last classic Damned album, though
were still great moments after that, even into the MCA/Mid 80's years.
Can't say I see the current Damned as intentionally catering to the young
kids though. The last album, Grave Disorder was pretty much a mix of what
you'd expect from Vanian/Sensible... definite nods to both The Black Album
and Strawberries.
Gotta agree with you on Patricia... she was TERRIBLE! Couldn't play Love
Song or Neat Neat Neat, and simplified some of the greatest ever Damned
basslines 'cos (I assume) she couldn't get to grips with them. Just totally
and utterly the wrong bassist for the Damned. But hey, she's married to Vanian!
Aye, Rat is undoubtedly the missing link in the Damned these days... Pinch
is technically good, but isn't in the same league as Scabies when all is
said and done. Can't see him rejoining anytime soon though!! More chance
of seeing Killing Joke, that's for sure!

Dave in Edinburgh (still playing Inside Extremities!)