[kj] OT Jet Boy jet Girl Pepsi Ad

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 20 09:42:00 EST 2007

The idea that record companies suck and act sleazily isn't new to me. I
wouldn't think it would be new to Mark E. Smith, either. This is why a
lot of bands, like, say Fugazi and/or or Minor Threat maintain complete
control and refuse to allow themselves to be used by corporations for
advertising.

You probably heard when Nike tried to use Minor Threat artwork for a
Nike ad a year or two back? Dischord/Ian MacKaye/Minor Threat actively
protested, and Nike pulled the ads, and apologized.

The Buzzocks pimpin' the Subaru almost 10 years ago was also great.

-Oliver