[kj] Clip of US punk documentary/riots

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 20 00:49:31 EST 2007

Neil,

So The Damned's 2nd album, _Music for Pleasure_, which I do admit I
like, was acceptable, while the 3rd album, _Machinegun Etiquette_, which
has some songs with Motorhead's Lemmy on bass, was not? For shame!

The white belt, girl pant, "hoodie," shaggy Brady Bunch hairdo thing is
a new one for our times ("it's so 2003, though!"), times wherein they
sell Ramones and CBGB OMFUG t-shirts at boutique "thrift" stores like
Urban Outfitters for about $25 a pop, usually without the kids knowing
what the logos on their shirts represent. My gf was wearing a Ramones
shirt and some girl came up to her -- "I have that same shirt, only it's
bright pink!" "Cool, so do you like the Ramones?" "Well, who are they,
exactly?" Etc.

But I still support the rule of "Do not wear a shirt of your own band
while you are playing on stage, please." Again, unless you're The
Ramones or Motorhead you'll just look stupid.

But the worst that happens nowadays is someone flames you on this list,
or they defriend you on MySpace -- the ultimate, dreaded punishment.
Better than getting clocked in the head, though.

-Oliver

Neil Perry wrote:

> Hmm, our 'rules' were a little more harsh. From what I can remember:

[...]