[kj] RAVEN at the Grammys - REDUX

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 18 09:06:19 EST 2007

"Folks in Black Flag with beards? Hah."

Yeah, folks in Black Flag with beards:

Dez Candena:
http://www.homepagez.com/louie2x/pics/palm.jpg

Chuck Dukowski (far left with `stache):
http://img.mp3sugar.com/artist/artist_1728.jpg

And when I saw Black Flag play the Newport Music Hall in Columbus,
Ohio in 1985, Rollins was sporting a full facial hair/long hair look
somewhere between Charles Manson and Jesus.

What made Punk Rock/exciting: what was being said and how it sounded.

What was being worn? Sure, a bit of fun -- but not what was important.

Alex in NYC

"punks do not also use the word 'mosh.'"