[kj] OT: Paris tries to adopt a smurf

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Fri Dec 21 15:21:00 EST 2007

Not legally, more's the pity, but it's looking like medicinal use might be
allowed at some stage, (may even have been passed I need to look into it)
which we're hoping is the front edge of the wedge. Loads of people grow it,
indoors and outdoors. NZ has one of if not the highest rate of weed
convictions per capita and it's nonsense. Kiwis are big weed smokers and
really big drinkers. Our weed is some of the best in the world, the rest of
the drug scene isn't really much compared to O/S. There's loads of meth use
in NZ too...other drugs that aren't as easy to manufacture are not nearly as
ubiquitous as UK / Europe / States and cost loads more. Not as much reason
to risk importing because the target population is quite small, border
security is pretty tight, and the distance is high. We pay the equivalent of
about $US 40-60 for a single E, cocaine is about $US 300 / gram or so...pays
to go overseas if you're into the top shelf.

Tomorrow's class will be on whores, don't forget class it's a field trip...
;)