[kj] FW: Please sign the petition - it's too late

jo jo at arcadia.karoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 17 16:48:28 EST 2007

They weren't diagnosed as either as far as I know. Their (successful?)
rehabilitation was based on dealing with their behavioural issues.
They had all sorts of shit going on in their lives. For example, I seem to
recall that Robert Thomson as the youngest son was caught up in an almost
domino-like chain of bullying at home. His father had bullied the first
born who then went on to bully his younger brother who in turn took it out
on Robert. Neighbours reported finding him nailed upside down to the front
gate on one occasion. It would be perfectly natural for him to bully a
younger kid. Venables wasn't the sharpest knife in a cutlery drawer full of
blunt objects and was Thomson's well-kicked side kick.

Anyway, if you want to charge, try and punish kids as adults, it has to go
right down the line. It's not just applicable with sensational crimes.