[kj] Freemasonry [& KJ]

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Sun Dec 16 16:48:33 EST 2007

Now THAT is an interesting post. One thing I noticed is that Jaz never
says he's a Gnostic CHRISTIAN...just that he's 'gnostic experienced.' He
also says something like 'whatever you're into that moves you, I'm totally
for it' and he ridicules, again, the idea that the virgin Mary was
impregnated by the Holy Ghost. During the concert on the DVD he laughs and
says something about 'if you believe that fairy tale' in reference to what
I gather to be something to do with Christianity. Oh and he explains what
INRI means before Asteroid. Sorry for being so vague but I've only watched
it once.

Now...the gnostic faith I believe is one whereby you find God or
spirituality your own way, through your own natural / supernatural
experience (Gnosis meaning knowledge)...which I can live with. So it's not
necessarily a belief system with any particular deities or strong dogma.

He doesn't mention that he's got hundreds of followers that I can
remember, although he might do, and if that was the case we may not have
heard about it as it could be a secret. But I'd expect we would in some
way. I sort of put it down to the same thing as Killing Joke
island...perhaps a work in progress but not really off the ground yet, so
he's overstating something perhaps. It's a bit frustrating because I'm
quite keen to help with anything like that, although I'm not particulary
keen on anything occult (hidden) as I'm more interested in freedom of
dissemination of information and egalitarian vs elitist societies.

Without meaning to be too critical, he does seem to contradict himself a
bit, in that he says money isn't important then goes on about how much
Killing Joke island is worth, how he has influential mates who fly him all
over the world, how he studied international banking for years in
switzerland (which I have a suspicion may actually mean he read 'Tragedy
and Hope', perhaps it took him years...). And yeah, I can see where you're
coming from with the comments about studying with the masters....strangely
enough straight after saying he never got his O or A levels in music or
anything (although that's perhaps a bit disingenuous because he'd won
awards as a kid for his singing and violin hadn't he...?)

The guys from Shihad reckon he's a magalomaniac and obsessed with
money...then again they are the kind of band who changed their name to
suit the American market, and I don't believe would have made as much of
themselves if it's wasn't for Jaz's help.

Brilliance and arrogance seem to go hand in hand (although arrogance
partners pretty well with stupidity too ;), so if anyone is gonna be able
to get away with it, it's Jaz. I thought the most inflamatory thing he
mentioned in that interview was about the kamikaze and suicide bombers.

I find him very charismatic, fascinating, and fucking funny...that bit
where the phone rings during the interview, looks like it's totally burst
his bubble as he's just made an emphatic point...he waits a few seconds
and says "That's Alistair"...that's fucking priceless. And the bit in the
interview on the KJ website where he says "we don't want mansions and what
have you...but what we DO want, is two villages"...Spinal Tap need to take
notes.

He's wrong about Kiwis not being funny tho, fucker :)

What I'd LOVE to see is Lydon and Coleman interviewed on the same show,
it's so obviously a good idea, why has no one done it?!