[kj] Unspeakable

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Wed Aug 22 20:43:54 EDT 2007

Costs were covered. No profit made by anyone. I ended up about £30 out of
pocket, actually. Yes, it was unofficial, compiled by the Gathering for the
Gathering (to the extent that there was outrage when one turned up on ebay).
Lots of the tracks have since been officially released on CD, but at the
time none of the tracks were available on CD (apart from CD singles, namely
"Change" - on the "America" CD single, which I think was only released in
the UK, although the track was obviously on the US release of the first
album CD, "Another Cult Goes Down" & "Mass", and soundtrack CDs - "Hollywood
Babylon" & "Drug"). Certainly not easily available CDs.

I did wonder if I should only upload the tracks that are still not
officially available, but that seems stupid and elitist. The highpoints for
me were the live versions of "The Hive" and "The Fanatic", neither of which
I had in even the quality found here, and the version of "4 Stations Of The
Sun", which is fucking great. I only had a bootleg "Hollywood Babylon", as I
refused on principle to buy the Showgirls & Mortal Kombat OSTs, but "Drug"
turned up on one of those compilation CDs in a book, all of which had fish
on the front. What were they called? I did, however, buy the Free The West
Memphis Three benefit CD, with "Our Last Goodbye" on it (which has not
turned up anywhere else, I think), because I agreed with the cause, despite
the CD having Eddie Vedder on it, who clearly should be roasted slowly on a
spit. Seeing the documentaries afterwards only confirmed my support. That is
a truly nauseating case in all respects.

Darren
Hungerford, UK