[kj] Killing joke and Communism

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Aug 22 20:18:41 EDT 2007

The irony however is that at the end of the day the 'consumers' are paying
to bail out the organisations that raped them financially in the first
place...as I said before, I personally see the chance that this was a
premeditated move...the big fish know they will be bailed out because
otherwise they would take the economy down with them.

Yes it's a good thing for the Fed to bail out the banks WHEN you're
already in that situation, agreed, however the big picture is: how the
hell did they get away with selling those loans to people in the first
place? And you can spout all the 'consumer freedom' or 'personal freedom'
stuff you want, but no one should be able to be conned into a loan that
they will never be able to afford and will bankrupt them...and shaft the
whole economy. 'Ignorance of the law is no excuse' so to speak, BUT...out
of the two parties in these loan agreements...one of them was aware that
they weren't feasible, and that was the banks / lenders! They should be
held accountable.

Another conspiracy theory: the contraction of the economy is a desired
outcome to corporations who profit from this mess, who saw it coming (and
/ or helped engineer it), because when they profit and the economy
contracts, their total share of the country's wealth, and hence their
power, increases...