[kj] (OT)Rammstein

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Wed Aug 22 18:41:40 EDT 2007

I think that pretty well explains why I like them. They're a completely
soul-less band, and the guttural German goes so badly with the love songs
(case in point : Ohne Dich, from the excellent "Reise Reise") that the songs
become almost surreal. I really like "Mein Teil" from the same album; anyone
who can make a hit single from the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes
case gets my vote. "Sehnsucht" takes a lot of beating as an album, as it
features "Speil Mit Mir", one of the most bombastic, overly melodramatic
tracks ever. A b-side called "Hallelujah" is worth tracking down too, but
may be offensive if you're a Catholic priest and are familiar with German...
No doubt Frank Frik, our convincing Teutonic visitor, could help out with
those awkward translations. Alternatively, herzeleid.com is a good resource.

Darren

Hungerford, UK