[kj] Quiet? How long here & why

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Tue Aug 21 01:00:32 EDT 2007

Agreed, the subject matter is pretty farking cool too though. I'm staying
somewhere without a stereo at the moment, so I bought an mp3 player to get
me through (as well as trying to blot out the unbelievable shit they play
at the gym), the only thing I want to stuff it full of is Killing Joke to
be honest. They are fucking leagues ahead of most others, and there's so
much to talk about with them.

Another issue seems to be that it's farking hard to get any info out of
Killing Joke about what they are up to. With periods of inactivity of up
to 7 years, who knows when the bloody hell they will ever record again? I
wonder how much of it is also a reaction to the negative direction things
took after their period of trying to court commercial success a la Outside
the gate? Perhaps they thought it was better to keep their heads down and
keep that loyal, cult, underground, 'homing-weirdo' crowd like us? Perhaps
the billionaire friends that Jaz casually mentions (negatively) in the
interview on the main site are looking after them okay =)

Meanwhile, back at the billionaire underground lair:

"Hrm, what to buy today...sharks with frikkin laser beams on their heads,
Richard Branson, breast implants for all my female friends, Killing
Joke..."