[kj] Quiet? How long here & why

Geoffrey ODonoghue go1845 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 00:07:33 EDT 2007

I better get in before the final tally then:
Although I lurk more than post, I have been on the list (with a few interruptions) since 1998. I think I joined not long before the Unspeakable project got under way.
This mailing list is unlike any of the others (all band lists) I frequent. It generates the most traffic of any of them regardless of whether KJ is active or not! The reason for this (IMHO) is that, although KJ is the basis and catalyst for the list, The Gathering has transcended its origins and become a camaraderie - maybe not friends in the traditional sense (although many people have developed personal friendships on here) - perhaps more like a class at school. Even though I have never personally met anyone here I would be happy to do so without hesitation - yes that includes Mr Black!

Geoff

Brendan <bq at soundgardener.co.nz> wrote:
Okay I'll do the final tally tomorrow. I've only been here a year or less,
so I guess that makes me the most nubile...