[kj] oliver u sound pissed ;-/

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Sat Aug 11 14:49:06 EDT 2007

I met Mick Jones (Clash) once--he was a passenger in the cab I was driving and I didn't recognize him till he got out (w/BAD members) to pay me--and he was very nice, a bit shy, and even gave me a good tip. Also got Joe Strmmer's autograph and he was very gracious.> Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 13:12:59 -0500> From: bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net> To: gathering at misera.net> Subject: Re: [kj] oliver u sound pissed ;-/> > Actually, I'm not mad; I just think I was mis-read.> > Believe it or not, I can claim to have met John Lydon personally. I AM > FAMOUS. It was when he wrote that autobiography in the early 90s. _No > Blacks, No Irish_ etc whatever. He went on a book-signing tour in the > US. He appeared at a bookstore in Dallas, TX, wearing a Dallas Stars > hockey jersey. If you wanted him to sign your book you had to buy one, > which in hardback was like US $25. I didn't have the $$ for that, and > besides, the line was so long it curled around the back of the very > large store he was at, and I was so punk at the time I thought > autographs were for morons.> > A lot of punks were hanging around outside, not buying his book of > course, too, but nonetheless sitting around on the benches as if it were > a punk gig. I'm sure the book store managers loved that. They were used > to book signings by people like Dean Koontz and Joan Collins -- not THIS > crowd.> > I went inside and even though I didn't have a copy of his bio me and a > friend got close to to the table he was at, which was very awkward. He > sort of looked up at us. I said, "Hi," and he said, "Hi." That was it. > MAGICAL, isn't it!?!?> > In any event I know more about Lydon than I do 98% of US presidents. > Even so, I still hold the apparently damnable and atrocious opinion I > do, which is actually very mld and quite innocuous, about that Kimmel > interview. Quentin Tarantino did an interview on Leno where he was blind > drunk and came off a lot worse than Lydon ever has, if that means > anything. Then again, I can't stand Tarantino. He annoys the fuck out of me.> > -Oliver> > > melinda grant wrote:> > oliver-- thats why i bothered to exsplain to you--you were having a go > > at johns bahaviour,because you thought he ment somethings,by acting > > akward and wierd as you said it,towards the actor black > > guy.......................> >> > i filed in the gaps for you--which if you had known in first place,you > > would not of drawn that conclusion on johns approach towards the actor > > guy----id say i did you a favour,now you want to carry it on ;-/ you > > were wrong about john ok,its not a compeition ;-)> >> >> > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering