[kj] hes still a punk ;-)

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Aug 9 19:23:29 EDT 2007

How does Malcolm McLaren being a tosser obviate the 'Don from complicity
to divest the public of their hard earned dollars in support of a band
that was put together with the dollar sign in mind? He is always railing
against unoriginal music being put out to cater to a specific audience for
monetary reasons. So what I want to know is: was 'punk' already happening
(Ramones)in the US, and were the Sex Pistols put together to capitalise,
and was Lydon chosen because of his image?

If that's true no problems, he obviously turned it around with PIL, but I
would like to know. I may have to look authorative about this stuff at a
party one day ;)

So stop trying to send me down intellectual cul de sacs!

In the cul de sac, turn back on the track, in the cul de sac!

;p