[kj] CANDLELIGHT mailer says Jaz will do guest vox on upcoming October File tracks

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 7 20:39:24 EDT 2007

The 3rd track on their MySpace page, "In My Magnificent Crusade," has a
cool Stranglers-esque beginning but it quickly goes down the nu-hardcore
toilet. They need to remove the nu-hardcore gloss or something. I'll
take a band right now that molds themselves too closely to KJ or The
Stranglers or New Model Army than one that models themselves after
Aiden, I Am Ghost, Hawthorne Heights, or that modern Victory crap, etc.
I don't believe in influence-free rock & roll, but I do believe shitty
rock & roll can be made even w/ good intentions.

-Oliver