[kj] [OT] In a wee while...

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 6 14:10:57 EDT 2007

I wanted to see the reunited Slits but missed them. Loved'em a lot. And
the recent press the Bad Brains have been getting for mixing reggae and
punk -- I know folks have pointed it out here before, but, yeah, bands
like Clash, Ruts, Slits, etc., in the UK were mixing it at least as
early as Bad Brains. (Although Bad Brains started as a jazz/funk band
but switched to punk in '77 or so when they heard the Pistols, Dead
Boys, and Ramones).

Anyone heard Mika Miko's CYSLABF LP from last year? They're a new-ish
band that've garnered a lot of comparisons to The Slits and Kleenex/Liliput.

-Oliver