[kj] rap ;-(

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 18:21:05 EDT 2007

Most music is crap, period. I'd say 99% of any given genre is not worth a damn. So there's always that 1%. There's lots of great, interesting, and innovative hip-hop type stuff to be had. Mainly the stuff you never hear about. The Anti-Con label is a good place to start (Themselves are particularily amazing). There's also Grand Buffet from Pittsburgh PA who are equally awesome and hilarious. I also really like cLOUDDEAD, Boom Bip, Del, Dalek, Buck 65, Spank Rock, Dizzee Rascal, Edan, Bus Driver, Aesop Rock...

You can't go wrong with the classics either. Public Enemy, Run DMC, NWA, Funky 4 Plus 1, Sugarhill Gang, Grandmaster Flash. All that stuff is worth checking out. And, of course, Paul's Boutique by the Beastie Boys (and the Dust Brothers) is the best rap album in the world.

Leigh