[kj] Ex-Germs & 45 Grave drummer exonerated of drug charges

TB Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Tue Apr 17 21:24:40 EDT 2007

"B. Oliver Sheppard" wrote:

> Man, it's so sad that so many fucking bands are doing this -- THE

> GERMS!? -- even if they miss key members (NY Dolls w/out Johnny Thunders,

> Dead Kennedys w/out Jello, Misfits w/out Danzig) -- that's why, like I

> said earlier, when I saw the NY Dolls sans Thunders at SXSW in '05 and

> Johanssen announced, 'The next one is a new song of ours," I was like, "A

> NEW song?? What the hell..." It MUST stop! The new Onslauhgt LP just show

> how far down the ladder of fame this stuff is reaching. And I hated The

> Stooges _The Weirdness_. Come on, people.

> Still, nutty as Don Bolles may be, he doesn't deserve to be incarcerated

> for having Dr. Bronner's soap on him, cited by the police as "a date rape

> drug." That's ludicrous.

Yeah, I totally agree. From what I understand, the guy is pretty fragile
mentally and physically and some freinds were saying he'd never last long in
jail so it's a good thing he was cleared faily quickly and released after
"only" a week (he couldn't make bail which would have been $1,500 out of
pocket).

T.B.