[kj] Item about Motorhead in NY Post page 6 gossip column

TB Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Mon Apr 9 13:00:45 EDT 2007

"Christof hamille" wrote:

> He does talk about moving to Cali and why, and how, that started the

> beginning of the end of Wurzel in the band. He couldn't get in for some

> reason and was upset by it. The only thing I wish he would have been more

> candid about was the final ousting of Philthy and his thoughts on him

> today.

> good read and easy. It could be 8 times the soize and still entertaining

> Oh well

> Chris

Yeah, it's a pretty entertaining read and you can breeze through it in an
evening.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread about being surprised at all the
fairly high profile musicians who lived or live in rather mediocre homes and
apartment complexes around Hollywood, especially around Hollywood and Sunset
Blvd.

Back in the mid 90's, I bought a used PowerMac 7100 from someone advertising
in the LA Recycler magazine and he agreed to have me come by his home in the
hills just off Hollywood Blvd. The house was small and pretty run down and
there was virtually no furniture in the place and every tiny room was full
of 2nd hand music gear and a makeshift home studio with some newer Apple Mac
gear. I was greeted by a very polite British couple who obviously were
typical aging rockers (and looked like I just woke them up in mid afternoon)
and it took me a couple minutes to figure out that "Steve" who was selling
me this Mac was actually Steve Jones, formerly of The Sex Pistols.

BTW, the HD on the Mac was reformatted, so no hidden gems or dirt to be
found on that computer.

T.B.