[kj] tour cancelled

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Sat Sep 30 11:54:18 EDT 2006

At 15:03 30/09/2006 +0100, you wrote:

>I've always felt
> > kind of privileged to
> > see the Joke cos I know they're one of these chaotic
> > bands that fuck up as
> > much (ok, more) than they get right.
>
>Can't agree with that
>
>they've done more right than most bands
>
>Sonic Youth are the only band at a similar level who
>might've done a better job of things, probably largely
>due to lack of excess drug intake....

Well yeah, taking the whole "career" (ha!) perhaps. I was thinking more
along the lines of since they came back in 2003.   But in a way, I'd rather
have THIS Joke than some sad soulless money-making machine that so many
bands are.  I'm sure KJ have always been a chaotic mess, it's just now
we're privy to far more information on what's going on.

Dave in Edinburgh