[kj] RE: was Cult now Joke relevance

Jpwhkj at aol.com Jpwhkj at aol.com
Wed Sep 27 01:42:58 EDT 2006

I don't think that the world is any stranger than it was 20 years ago (or indeed probably than it was 200 years ago). And whereas KJ and their lyrics 20 years ago did indeed seem to be eyeball-to-eyeball with all sorts of nastiness, nowadays they read like poor quality Dan Brown.

What's changed is the absence of the only man capable of contronting Jaz.

Do you think that the lyrics on Hosannas or KJ2003 compare well with the first two (or three) albums? "Butcher the womb and expect her to bear" says more in 8 words about the state of the world than the lyrics to any song since - and says it more eloquently and more brutally.

Jamie