[kj] RE: CULT

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 26 04:36:19 EDT 2006

I agree with your intentions there, but KJ haven't released anything that moved me since Pandemonium. KJ2003 was a decent, fun record, but Democracy was toss and I haven't actually listened to Hosannas since a couple of weeks after I bought it. It's not a bad record, but it's not what they're capable of either. I'm beginning to suspect that the Joke have lost the capacity (or the desire, who knows) to 'move' their listeners, in which case Hosannas does resemble Electric- good rock music but not much else.

  Jim.

William Lash <wjlash at yahoo.com> wrote:
      OK, I've sat back and read all about the Cult and I'll admit I thought they were a great band, but I wouldn't even put them in the same league as KJ.  Firstly, the Cult and KJ are completely different styles and even genres of music.  The Cult is primarily a good Rock N Roll band, but there music never brings out the emotions that KJ music does.  This is especially true with Hossanas.  Comparing Electric to Hossanas is ludicrous.  There is no comparison.  There is nothing similar!  They are actually almost opposites.   Electric is a boring Rock N Roll record with a couple of catchy tunes with very sellable names like "Wild Flower" and "Lil Devil".  Hossanas goes way deeper and paints a picture of the way the World is today like it or not.  I frankly am sick of the catchy music that sells well.  I want hear music that moves me.  Yeah every so often it is nice to rock out and get pissed and not think about much and the Cult, especially, Electric work perfectly.

http://www.flipsidemovies.com
http://jimharper.blogspot.com