[kj] RE: CULT

William Lash wjlash at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 25 18:16:06 EDT 2006

  OK, I've sat back and read all about the Cult and I'll admit I thought they were a great band, but I wouldn't even put them in the same league as KJ.  Firstly, the Cult and KJ are completely different styles and even genres of music.  The Cult is primarily a good Rock N Roll band, but there music never brings out the emotions that KJ music does.  This is especially true with Hossanas.  Comparing Electric to Hossanas is ludicrous.  There is no comparison.  There is nothing similar!  They are actually almost opposites.   Electric is a boring Rock N Roll record with a couple of catchy tunes with very sellable names like "Wild Flower" and "Lil Devil".  Hossanas goes way deeper and paints a picture of the way the World is today like it or not.  I frankly am sick of the catchy music that sells well.  I want hear music that moves me.  Yeah every so often it is nice to rock out and get pissed and not think about much and the Cult, especially, Electric work perfectly.