[kj] Hosannas Months Later (was Ebay specials)

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Wed Sep 13 12:41:33 EDT 2006

A production c0ck-up all the way.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On
Behalf Of William Lash
  Sent: 13 September 2006 17:37
  To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)
  Subject: Re: [kj] Hosannas Months Later (was Ebay specials)

  Neil you hit on the nose!  It has a lot of Spirit.  The production sucks,
but the energy really draws me in.  I agree Judas Goat is amazing.

  Neil Perry <neilfperry at btinternet.com> wrote:
    You're right, it is a mess... but something keeps drawing me back to it,
    and I keep on enjoying it. I think it's because it seems to have
    a lot of spirit (even if it has no production) and also that I think
    Judas Goat is one of the finest KJ songs ever, definitely in my
    all time top ten. (Time for a new poll...?)

    Alex Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:
      Ha. Well, it just goes to show ya how diverse our respetive tastes
are -- I think both "Tribal Anecdote" and "Majestic" are the finest songs on
the album, tho' that's not saying much. I find the album to be a largley,
dull, blurry affair. In terms of both song structure and actual sound, there
isn't nearly enough definition. It's a mess.

      Sorry, didn't mean to drum this all up again.

      I'd sooner listen to Outside the Gate, honestly.

      Alex in NYC