[kj] (OT) The Cramps in Hollywood

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 30 12:05:19 EST 2006

Last time I saw The Cramps was late 2004 (man, has it been that long?)
-- you're right; it's amazing how well Poison Ivy's looks have held up.
At that point Lux still had the black hair and had makeup on sort of
like a zombie, boatneck black sweater, tight black leather pants.
HOWEVER, either I was hallucinating which I shouldn't have been -- no
drugs), or Lux Interior had metal teeth -- or one of those "icy grill"
tooth jewelry sets on over his teeth like hip hop artists wear. He
seemed EXTREMELY drunk or fucked up or something but that didn't stop
the band from sounding great. In between songs he'd ramble on about
Britney Spears, his iPod, and other stuff I couldn't make good sense of.
They played Count 5's "Psychotic Reaction," which was great. A pit
actually started for that one.

Good line about the "big boobs" vs. "big cock" thing - hah.

Cheers,

Oliver