[kj] Cover art for Hosannas.. CD,

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 21:24:25 EDT 2006

   I see the Hieronymous(sp?) Bosch influence, and i think KJ
  (oh, let's be honest: Jaz,) should've gone straight to Hiernomyous'
  work ( whose work I love). It is much more "KJ" and much better overall.

  (whenever I play Iron Butterfly's 17minute version
  of Innagadadavita, i always imagine psychedelic
  Bosch scenes, but i digress...)

  Btw, was it Savage Garden that uses
  Hieronymous Bosch art in the cd liner notes?

Juliet Pleming <price-pleming at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

    v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}                I agree about the cover art, but I think it is done in that sort of tradition.

  I would say that he has been influenced by Hieronomous Bosch and other fantasy art from many different times. There is a huge amount of surrealist influence; Max Ernst for instance. I find that sort of stuff fascinating, but sort of revolting way too. It is as if there is something under the surface that I can’t quite put my finger on, but I want to know what’s going on and I feel that I might figure it out if I look for long enough.

  Dunno what the KJ connection is though.

  Juliet