[kj] Democracy drumming

god botherer acroastic at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 14 06:12:35 EDT 2006

Just wanted to pay tribute to the drumming on Democracy, as I've never seen
anything complimentary said about the drummer. He brings Savage Freedom
alive, does exactly the right thing on Aeon, pounds away to great effect on
Pilgrimage and Absent Friends and there are some lovely touches on tracks
like Medicine Wheel.

He wasn't to blame that there were a couple of turkeys on that album, and
that it was hamstrung by the production.

Now he's gone and forgotten and unappreciated. Seems a shame.

For all the faults on that album, I still sense that the band were trying to
make the music they wanted to make, without reference to the whims of the
market, and with Jaz remembering to sing some of the time instead of just
shouty vocals all the way through.

Si