[kj] Jaz Straw

flight Bringer flightbringer at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Oct 11 10:47:59 EDT 2006

Not all changes have to be made by the law courts . He has brought to the
attention of the general public and Muslim females the subject of the
wearing of the hijab. Before he mentioned it it was kind of a taboo subject.
Hes bought the discussion into the open and informed hijab wearers of its
adverse nature . And I believe that it has changed peoples attitude towards
it. Many women may now well stop wearing it, and that is the change .

"He opens the article with a story of a satisfactory professional encounter
with a woman wearing a full veil, and says he has dealt with them many
times. Nowhere does he mention that he can't give them "his full attention".

     I recall reading somewhere that he said that he cant read their facial
expressions and therefore finds it difficult to fully understand their
feelings and cannot help them as much as if he could see them . I meant
"attention" as in helping them, not "attention" as in him thinking about
other things