[kj] Jaz Straw

Robert Mallett robert at jrcardwell.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Oct 11 10:34:59 EDT 2006

1)  The fact that he's Jewish means I find it very suspicious that Straw of
all people should raise a storm as controversial as this.No Peter, I'm not
remotely rascist;

2) If he feels uncomfortable about women wearing hijabs then why publicise
it? Surely his staff in Blackburn could simply invite Muslim women to remove
the veil for reasons of etiquette? Of course he's promoting himself! Don't
be so fucking naive.

3) No. The implication is that, yes he feels uncomfortable, but that he
thinks Muslim women in general are isolating themselves by wearing it. So,
he's trying to liberate them from this monstrous tyranny. Right on Jack!

4) I'm not pessimistic I just know what people from that strata of society
are like. Largely, they don't give a flying shit about you, me or anyone
else. Don't say I didn't warn you.