[kj] (OT) Jaz Straw

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 17:26:08 EDT 2006

Just to leap to my own defence here, I'm not defending the veil. I think it's an unpleasant cultural  device used  primarily as a way of keeping women down, as you say. But I don't agree with Jack Straw's calculated efforts to get himself in the spotlight (I think he's desperately insincere about the whole issue) and win favour with the more reactionary elements of our society that equate everything Muslim with terrorism, and I don't think that of itself the veil is a barrier to integration, which is why I've been critical of the article.

  Myself, if I could find a way to get rid of the veils and slimeballs like Jack Straw, I'd be a happy man.

  Jim.

ade <ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk> wrote:
    I dunno. I just think it's odd to defend a way of keeping women down. Nevertheless, I'll defend the right
  to wear the things!

http://www.flipsidemovies.com
http://jimharper.blogspot.com