[kj] A Different Sort of "Gathering" (OT)

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 03:07:33 EDT 2006

  Once upon a time ab. 3 years or so ago, I was perusing the bins at my local favorite musik store (Amoeba, in Los Angeles) at about 2pm or so, on my day off work, when i happened to whimsically look up into the air as i concentrated on some title I was considering, and some guy strides up past the bins to the store's pyramid stage; i thought i'd seen him before...but nah....

    Then another guy, and another stride up to the stage and i notice out the corner of my eye that people looked up like alert gophers and were checking out the stage.

    I look to the stage again and it was Perry, Dave, Flea, and the drummer (drummers don't have names, usually), and they just started to play.  A small Jane's Addiction 5-song set, or so.

    They closed with The Rolling Stones' "Sympathy For The Devil." It was a thrill, and a sweet treat to the paying customers of said store.

  the end

Alex Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

I saw Jane's Addiction several times circa RITUAL and they were always amazing.

As the masters rot on walls
And the angels eat their grapes
I watched picasso
visit the planet of the apes