[kj] OT: now iPods

Stephen Robinson heiferboy at robinsonworld.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Nov 28 05:37:22 EST 2006

There is a program that puts MP3s onto a shuffle in Linux, possibly other
models but I don't have one so I don't know.

I've used the amiga version and that worked well, in fact better than
Itunes, as all you do is drag and drop then run the program command
"amishuffle usb0:" or something like that, and it updates the table of
contents, or what ever it is that makes iPods work.

I hate the fiddly irritating iTunes, but I hate all that sort of thing, I'll
choose where my files go thank you very much. And why do you have to select
all the tracks before coverting selection to MP3s? I've shoved a CD in I've
selected convert to MP3s, how often would you not want to covert all the
tracks of an album? Bah, nanny state computing, sack o' cack. etc etc.

You sez:.
It has to support their DRM. I've never heard of anyone having a player
that did this that wasn't an iPod. Also, there is no iTunes for linux,
so I don't use it.