[kj] Tower Records closing in US, massive discounts, great time to get KJ stuff from them

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 27 18:15:18 EST 2006

Long-running US music retail chain Tower Records is closing very soon in
the USA (no exact date yet). But the discounts they're having are
anywhere from 40% to 60% on all their remaining stock. It's going fast,
too, Xmas season and all.

I was able to get a new copy of Hosannas from the Basements of Hell on
double 12" vinyl there the other day for about $10. The vinyl is a
delicious bright marble blue color. If it was candy, I'd eat it. Each
of the blue slabs of vinyl was in a black slip-sleeve.

The art sure as hell looks better with the vinyl LP opened up like a
book, in full, rich color, than it does on the CD booklet.

-Oliver