[kj] Rollins gets it, Q doesnt & the Cult in NYC

Aja Navat lilpalindrome at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 00:09:44 EST 2006

Yeah Alex, you should be pissed at Q for not
mentioning KJ, not nirvana.

Plus, if you dont give a shit about them them dont say
anything.

Aja
--- gathering-bounces at misera.net
<angrytomhanks at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Nirvana were awesome. Fuck Q.

in NYC

> Hey gang....

> Been a while since I've posted -- been up to

> my eyeballs in inane crap of late. In any event, two

little items floated a

> cross my transem recently that I figured I should

post here.

> Firstl

> y, there's "Fanatic" by Henry Rollins, a book which

is basically a lengthy

> playlist of every song the burly, tattooed ex-Black

Flag frontman played on

> his Indie 103.1 radio show, "Harmony in My Head".

Along with countless obs

> cure tracks, Rollins cites...

> "Change" by Killing Joke - From

> the classic 1st album, KILLING JOKE. I have a few

of their records but thi

> s first one is my favorite. I always thought that

was one of the coolest ba

> nd names I ever heard. Played with them outdoors at

the Fleadh Festival in

> 1991 I think it was and they were intense. Jaz

Coleman the band's singer is

> an inspiration. He never calms down.

> Henry cites a lot of other gr

> eat records as well. It's not essential, but it made

for interesting readin

> g.

> On other fronts, the latest issue of Q features a

cover story ab

> out the rise and fall of :::::yawn::::: Nirvana. As

a half-baked sidebar, t

> hey present "The Roots of Nirvana, 20 tracks that

inspired Kurt Cobain". Th

> e list cites tracks by Sonic Youth, the Pixies,

Boston, Terry Jacks, The Kn

> ack, Black Flag, Aerosmith, Daniel Johnston,

Leadbelly, the Beatles, the Me

> lvins, the Meat Puppets, the Butthole Surfers, Iggy

& the Stooges, AC/DC, B

> lack Sabbath, Creedence Clearwater Revival, the Sex

Pistols, The Vaselines

> and Neil Young & Crazy Horse.

> ...and, typically, no mention of Kill

> ing Joke.

> Fuck Nirvana.

> Lastly, the Cult ploughed int

> o NYC last night, and I couldn't help myself from

attending. Read my review

> -of-sorts -- if you care -- by clicking on the link

below:

> http://v

assifer.blogs.com/alexinnyc/2006/11/the_cult_in_nyc.html

> Chee

> rs, fuckers!

> Alex in NYC

> http://four.pairl