[kj] Rollins gets it, Q doesn't & the Cult in NYC

TB Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Tue Nov 14 22:12:20 EST 2006

"Alexander Smith" wrote:

(snip)

> Lastly, the Cult ploughed into NYC last night, and I couldn't help

> myself from attending. Read my review-of-sorts -- if you care -- by

> clicking on the link below:

> http://vassifer.blogs.com/alexinnyc/2006/11/the_cult_in_nyc.html

Sounds like a pretty good show as I heard from other who went in addition to
your comments. I heard they broke out "King Contrary Man" during the encore
which I don't think they've played since the Electric tour back in '87. I
saw them back in late March in Hollywood and it was a pretty solid show
although after seeing them so many times since '85, I wish they'd play more
songs off the self-titled album from '95 aside from the acoustic version of
"Star."

I also recently caught Billy Duffy's side band, Circus Diablo in a small
club who have a bit more of a punk edge than most of The Cult's stuff. Worth
checking out if they come to your neck of the country.

T.B.