[kj] News about Jaz - his recent work - Kurvas

Lennonka svoje.ja at centrum.cz
Mon Nov 13 08:13:09 EST 2006

You don't see that his music has been making the world better for past 20 years?

> Od: bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
> Komu: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)" <gathering at misera.net>
> Datum: 13.11.2006 14:05
> Předmět: Re: [kj] News about Jaz - his recent work - Kurvas
>
>I was hesitant to bring it up, but, well, Jaz will sort of be an official
state musician, right? So all the political music of KJ's 2003 LP, the
anti-war stuff, the stuff about Western imperialism -- how do those
sentiments gel with playing violin concertos for groups of EU politicians
as they sip their wine and eat their cheese, etc.?

>:)
>
>-Oliver
>

>Giorgio Tebaldi wrote:
>> I love that word, "kurva" (prostitute)!
>>  > A friend of mine is Serbian and grew up in Switzerland, and at times
> he gets certain words confused. The German word for "bend" or "curve" >
is "Kurve". So once as a kid, he and his parents went on holidays to >
Serbia (then still Yugoslavia, of course) and when asked by his >
Grandmother about the journey, he said in Serbian: "The journey was >
terrible. The road was full of 'kurvas'!" ;-)