[kj] I love Killing Joke

S. Sorensen kingofpotassium at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 22:03:19 EDT 2006

I really enjoy their music. I think it's really great
that they are still at it, and still making great
music. I really love the new album, just like I love
everything they've laid down since Extremities. Their
music speaks to me in a totally unique way, it really
reaches me in a very deep place. I think Geordie is
one of the most remarkable musicians I've ever
encountered. His deceptively simple playing triggers
so many thoughts and images in my mind. He really is
the backbone of the band, and his vision is what sets
them apart from all their clones. And Jaz's lyrics on
the past two records are his best- he really puts
things I think and feel into his words. When I look
back on this period of time, I am going to think about
his lyrics.

 I love the fact that they have been putting a lot of
stuff out there, like the live stuff and what not. I
loved the remixes and extended they did for
Pandemonium and Democracy -- it was like a whole
different record- variations on a theme. Very much
like classical or art music in that way. I really
enjoyed those concerts on Fabchannel too. I loved the
set lists for their 2003-2005 shows- Song and Dance to
me is one of their greatest tracks.

I really can't think of too many other bands that have
stayed as vital for as long as Killing Joke. The only
record I don't love by them is OTG, which of course is
an ersatz KJ album. I just hope they come to America
sometime soon.