[kj] New Merch From Wolvo

Steve Hackett thepunisher at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun May 7 14:59:43 EDT 2006

I enjoyed it but Jaz' voice is shot - 3rd night without a break and you could tell - also he had problems with his mike on a few occasions - I was stood by the mixing desk and could see Morecombe and Wise trying to work out what to do- appeared to be clueless - lots of shining of torches and pushing of button to no avail.
Couple of songs were really messy - esp Frenzy - but they came back in the second half of the song in a manner that Boro would have been proud of- Geordie really did smile and Jaz kissed or gave a hair ruffle  (obviously not to The Hatted One!) to the rest of the band at the end so he cant have been too disappointed.

Disappointing turnout tho - just over half full - and I attracted the local nutter - AGAIN!!