[kj] atkins & budgie - a drummer's view

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 17:17:56 EST 2006

We must force them on him!
  -----Original Message-----
  From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On
Behalf Of fluw
  Sent: 31 March 2006 23:23
  To: ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk; A list about all things Killing Joke (the
band!)
  Subject: Re: [kj] atkins & budgie - a drummer's view

  if geordie would only drop by and borrow my burmans, all the guitar sound
problems would be solved!!!

  ade wrote:
I really like Geordies sound on that album - still plenty of twang & not the
massively compressed overly chug-tastic sound of more recent stuff (scoop
them mids). The twang gives the harmonics/open strings a chance to go wild -
on a positive note regarding Hosannas, I think Geordie is trying to
recapture some of that sound, at least in terms of the playing style - how
much it comes across seems compromised by his modern sound. But I guess
that's how he wants to sound :) I think his new material is definitely back
on-track compared to KJ2k3, even if it's not fully realised yet.