[kj] ot - bush monument/museum

GregSlawson at aol.com GregSlawson at aol.com
Tue Mar 28 23:54:05 EST 2006

Thanks for the article and photos, Lonely. (I knew about the 2 different
marches). The photos were inspiring--the march looks even bigger than those
marches in Cuba that the government tells everyone to attend. I heard that employers
were even giving time off for their workers to go. The Republican-sponsored
bill they were protesting is ridiculous--probably unenforceable (making 12
million undocumented people federal criminals),and serves mainly to whip up racism
(which helps employers justify paying low wages). But the Kennedy/McCain bill
calls for a low-wage "guest worker" program, similar to what Bush wants.
Kennedy has also mentioned that he want immigrants to feel "American" so they can
contribute to the military--as if being sent to get blown up in Iraq is going
to help people get a better life.
In Boston, there was a march of under 5,000, but it was kind of cool on the
news to see both Latinos and illegal Irish immigrants (many who work in the
fake new Irish bars that are everywhere now) marching together.